...to give Gorey Boat Owners a collective voice and would you believe it to oppose the construction of a marina development within the existing Harbour walls!!
Strange how things change.The new objectives of our Boating Association are as follows:
To represent the interests of all boat owners who use their boat in or around the east/north coast or launch their boats from Gorey Harbour.
- To seek continued improvements and the on going maintenance to an acceptable standard with regard to the Gorey Harbour facilities and the surrounding areas for all boat owners and other users of Gorey.
- To ensure a fair and open system for Gorey mooring allocations and to provide oversight on the misuse of moorings by other boat owners.
- To maintain close relations and to work together with Jersey Harbours in representing our members thus achieving the best policies for both parties. Examples of recent collaboration include the successful lobbying to the Islands Treasury and Resources Minister to retain duty-free marine fuel for all Island Boat Owners.
- To work with Jersey Harbours and other stakeholder groups to look at the feasibility of constructing a deep water marina development at the back of the existing pier at Gorey.Over the past few years there has been an increase in charges levied for Gorey Harbour usage although Gorey remains unmanned and there has been a steady increase in the administration costs levied by Jersey Harbours.
- To strengthen our membership numbers will assist your Association in its objectives by achieving the best possible results for our members whether a member owns a small ten foot dingy or a fifty foot luxury yacht. Every Boat Owner gets the same voice.We as the Gorey Boat Owners Association are most effective when we know we have the support of as many Boat Owners as possible and in this context we would ask you if you are not already a member to join the Gorey Boat Owners Association and give us the opportunity to speak for all Boat Owners, and not just the two hundred which are currently members. If you are already a member please speak to your neighboring Boat Owner and spread the word.The annual subscription is currently £15.00 per member and some of the benefits of being a member include invitations to social events including the ‘Fitting Out Dinner’ and organized Rallies to French Ports and other Channel Islands through the course of the summer. As a member you will also be eligible for heavily discounted fees for the use of the crane facilities at Gorey Pier, 10% discount on showing your membership card at the following establishments: Iron Stores Marine and South Pier Marine.For more information about joining follow this link